I have an interest in the Hospice concept and have a desire to help others.
When you invest your time, your talents, and your heart into Hospice volunteering, you change a life: your own. Our organization could not operate without the thousands of hours contributed by dedicated volunteers each year. Careful screening, in-depth training, and the ever-present support of health professionals enable our volunteers to offer the compassionate care and support that help our residents live more fully during the completion of their life journey.
Is Hospice right for you? Please consider the following to assess whether you are ready for Hospice Volunteering:
- Hospitality/Kitchen roles
- Reception duties
- Administrative help
- Memorial Garden
- Entertainment (singing, music, reading, etc.)
- Spending time with residents
- Bereavement Support
- Community Volunteers for Palliative Patients who want to stay at home as long as possible
- Event planning committees
- Assist at events
- Event setup and decorating
- Fundraising opportunities