The goal of Red Deer Hospice (RDH) is as lofty as it is rewarding…to make a difference in each resident’s life, one resident at a time, one family at a time, one day at a time.
RDH is a 16-bed, community-based charitable organization whose mission is to accompany and support individuals and their families through their end-of-life journey by providing compassionate, individualized, evidence-based care. Thanks to our AHS care funding and the generosity of the Red Deer community, every resident’s stay is free of charge.
There is perhaps no greater privilege than to shepherd an organization that supports residents through life’s final transition.
Reporting to the Board of Directors through the Chair of the Red Deer Hospice (RDH), the Executive Director (ED) will lead a high performing interdisciplinary, coordinated care team and will maintain and strengthen community engagement partnerships, with Alberta Health Services (AHS) and, with relevant agencies and organizations in Central Alberta. The ED will ensure the delivery of the standard of excellence in care the community of Red Deer has come to expect.
In addition to a genuine passion for the mission and values of RDH, the new ED’s preparation for this role likely includes:
- an undergrad or graduate level degree in Finance, Commerce, Public Administration, Health Administration, Human Services.
- 5+ years progressive senior leadership experience, ideally in a health related, not-for-profit environment leading multi-disciplinary teams. Hospice/palliative sector care is a definite asset.
- highly developed skills in board governance and reporting, strategic planning, annual business plans, financial management, and revenue development.
- proven success building, leading, coaching and retaining high performing teams within a direct service setting.
- membership with the Canadian College of Health Leaders and commitment to pursue the Certified Health Executive designation.
- a successful track record of establishing collaborative and effective relationships.
- excellent knowledge of funding agencies, volunteer groups, donor cycles and capital campaigns.
To discuss the position in confidence, please call or email. Resumes can be directed to: email@example.com