This position will remain open until a suitable candidate has been found.
The Donor Relations and Event Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the entire donor, sponsorship and gift-in-kind spectrum, strategically managing donation and sponsorship requests across all areas of Red Deer Hospice. This position also plans, coordinates and evaluates events for our organization that are consistent and complimentary to the overall marketing and fund development strategy at Red Deer Hospice. The Coordinator is the principle conduit through which all event planning, donor and sponsor relations flow. This individual will report to the Communications & Fund Development Manager and will work closely with other internal staff and volunteer committee members to create high quality, strategic and innovative initiatives that best execute the fund development strategy for Red Deer Hospice.
Reports to: Communications, Marketing & Fund Development Manager
Internal & External Stakeholders: Board of Directors, Donors & Supporters, Hospice Staff, Volunteers, General Public, Business Community, AHS Network, Foundations & Non-Profits, Residents & Families, Service Organizations
Key Responsibility Areas
Donor & Community Relations
- Build, grow and maintain relationships with community, corporations, foundations and service organizations.
- Serve as central point of contact to ensure an efficient, coordinated and strategic approach to donor and sponsor
- Fosters positive public relations and serves as an outstanding ambassador on behalf of Red Deer Hospice
- Holistically liaise, plan and coordinate targeted strategies to match unique and different donor groups, in support of Hospice fundraising
- Working closely with the Communications, Marketing & Fund Development Manager to ensure stewardship and donor recognition strategies are implemented in a timely and meaningful manner across the organization.
- Maintain donor relationship management database, including updating donor records and tracking communications
- Coordinate and design special events including decision making input, managing event processes, coordinating meetings as well as preparing and monitoring event budgets to ensure they are consistent with Red Deer Hospice marketing fund development goals.
- Maintain, organize, and manage existing events and fundraisers from conception to completion.
- Brainstorm, research and develop (as appropriate) new opportunities for events to assist in achieving the organization’s Fund Development
- Manage all events to ensure they operate smoothly, efficiently and generate maximum revenue and exposure for Red Deer
- Utilize volunteers (including community ambassadors) for event success as deemed appropriate.
- Work with the Communications, Marketing & Fund Development Manager to develop communications and marketing plans in support of events.
- Ensure all promotional materials are consistent with Red Deer Hospice marketing and brand standards (including media, social media and online presence).
- Work with the Communications, Marketing & Fund Development Manager to coordinate the media and public relations activities related to each
- Identify and solicit potential funding sources and partnerships for events (as appropriate).
- Build community awareness of special
- Capitalize on available technologies to ensure a user-friendly experience for registrants and ticket purchasers (as appropriate)
- Execute all event coordination and donor relations administrative tasks as
- Support all marketing and public relations activities required for the organization (including but not limited to social media and website).
- Provide coordination for all in house events including staff and Board functions
- Diploma or certificate in Event Management or Project Management
- Degree or diploma in Marketing, Communications or Public Relation
Experience & Skills
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in a related field; preference will be given to similar role(s) in the non-profit sector
- Knowledgeable of fundraising principles matched with practical experience
- Excellent verbal, written and digital communications skills
- Capable user of MS Office Suite including Access database and MS Excel
- Outstanding teamwork, relationship-building and interpersonal skills
- Ability to understand the needs and interests of donors in order to develop relationships between them and Red Deer Hospice
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and produce high-quality events and other deliverables in a deadline and results driven environment
- Ability to read, review, monitor and track budgets and financial reports
- Self-directed, detail-orientation and problem-solving skills
- Experience with and knowledge about Red Deer /Central Alberta corporate and business communities would be considered an asset
- A valid Driver’s license and access to a vehicle
To apply for this position, please submit your resume to: email@example.com or upload online using the form below.
The successful candidates will be required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Night, weekend and day shift availability is required.