The Communications and Fund Development Manager is a key member of the Red Deer Hospice professional team, responsible for all strategic marketing, communications and fund development across the organization.
Reports to: Executive Director
Internal and External Stakeholders: Board of Directors, Staff, Business Community, Foundations, Donors and Supports, AHS Network, Volunteers, Residents and Families, Media, Service Organizations, Physicians, General Public
Key Responsibility Areas
Marketing and Communications
- Develop and maintain a strategic marketing and communications plan that supports the mandate of Red Deer Hospice.
- Oversee a comprehensive communications strategy for internal and external communication needs.
- Ensure brand consistency through all marketing channels.
- Design and create promotional material for various fundraising campaigns, events and public awareness.
- Work with local media for events, advertisements and other coverage that promotes Hospice in the community.
- Manage website and social media channels in a way which appeals to traditional and new target markets.
- Write and edit content for news releases, brochures, staff updates, newsletters, annual report and other publications.
- Work closely with the Executive Director to manage and plan for all crisis communication needs of the organization.
- Develop a comprehensive, multi-year fund development strategy which aligns with the marketing and strategic plans, as well as budgetary needs of the organization.
- Identify and develop tactics for soliciting the support of new and non-traditional funding sources.
- Build, grow and maintain relationships with community, corporations, foundations and service organizations.
- Oversee donor recognition and stewardship activities.
- Collaborate with the Event Coordinator to implement and plan fundraising events for Red Deer Hospice.
- Identify municipal, provincial and federal laws/regulations related to fundraising and ensure in-house plans/practices align with requirements.
- Research and apply for relevant grants and bursaries.
- Be a champion in ensuring that Red Deer Hospice delivers on our mission and vision.
- Demonstrate Red Deer Hospice values and principles in action.
- Assist in drafting, implementing and reporting on the strategic plan of the organization.
- Support the Executive Director in all items required for the Board of Directors.
- Ensure Red Deer Hospice is leading the way in marketing and fund developments trends across the non-profit sector.
- Degree or diploma in Marketing, Communications or Public Relations
- Planned Giving training/Fund Raising certification considered beneficial.
Experience & Skills
- 5 years related experience in a health care setting, non-profit or similar environment.
- Knowledge of fundraising principles and theories matched with practical experience.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and produce high-quality deliverables.
- Works well under pressure and meets tight deadlines.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Social media and website management skills.
- Proven graphic design experience with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Superior verbal, written and public speaking skills.
- Builds productive relationships with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Strategic and creative mindset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to collaborate with management, team members, Board of Directors, volunteers and the public.
- High level of Microsoft Office experience.
- Great organization, time management and prioritization abilities.
- A portfolio of work available for review
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Jerri Taylor: firstname.lastname@example.org or submit using our online form below.
The successful candidates will be required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.