This position will remain open until April 28, 2022.
Reporting to the Executive Director, your nursing team provides and demonstrates:
- Quality resident focused care
- Family centered care
- Professional accountability
- Strong teamwork and collaborative relationships
- Holistic approaches to end-of-life care
- Supports learning opportunities for students and ongoing professional development for staff
Your overall responsibilities include nursing leadership, resident care, facility occupancy, department budget monitoring, regulatory compliance and projects and assignments. You will demonstrate effective human resource management, use current nursing processes, foster teamwork in working with a collaborative interdisciplinary team and participate in quality assurance outcomes. Communicating effectively with residents, families, hospice staff and community members is essential as is confidentiality and professionalism. Primary responsibilities include mentoring the care staff to ensure assessment, planning and implementation of nursing programs to meet resident needs. Resident and family satisfaction and continuous quality improvement is critical. With your strong clinical knowledge of end-of-life care and your current use of evidence-based knowledge you will also, at times, be expected to practice.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (required) Masters (preferred)
- Learning Essential Approach to Palliative Care (LEAP) (preferred)
- Health Leadership and Management Courses such as LEAD’s
- 3 – 5 years in a leadership role with related resident / patient care in a palliative care setting including comprehensive knowledge of nursing and health care practices as it relates to Palliative and End of Life Care
- Experience with continuous quality improvement /risk management process and resident centered care philosophy
- Knowledge of Alberta Health legislation and Continuing Care Health Service Standards, scopes of practice and competencies of the Registered Nurse, Licensed Practical Nurse and Health Care Aid
- Must provide current Vulnerable Record Check and be fully COVID 19 vaccinated
License and Certifications
- CRNA – College of Registered Nurses of Alberta is required
- Certified in Hospice Palliative Care Nursing CHPCN (C) Certification is an asset
- Current CPR certification is required
Please submit your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org or submit using our online form below.
The successful candidates will be required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.